The Armani Group is one of the leading fashion and luxury goods groups in the world today with 10,500 direct employees, 12 production plants and more than 2,704 boutiques in 60 countries around the world. It designs, manufactures, distributes and retails fashion and lifestyle products including apparel, accessories, eyewear, watches, jewelry, home interiors, fragrances and cosmetics under a range of brand names: Giorgio Armani, Armani Collezioni, Emporio Armani, AJ Armani Jeans, A/X Armani Exchange, Armani Junior and Armani Casa.
- Represent and coordinate all facets of the brand’s business goals, working as a liaison with Director, GAW and SVP, Wholesale Division
- Develop merchandising plans for better sell in
- Key player in the Dept. Stores development: acquire and build strong partnerships with national/regional retailers, as well as, identify and develop new business opportunities.
- Manage business performance, planning and overseeing the sell out of the collection at store level, supporting the Regional Managers and Account Executive
- Key player in the development of Specialty stores business.
Ensuring fit, product standards, price and packaging are consistent with market trends and aligned with business strategy
- Product and Merchandising
- Protect brand integrity and brand identity
- Establish quality standards and bench marks
- Merchandise collection into specific deliveries for USA market needs, along with design and production teams support
- Set shipping windows and monitor and maintain shipping goals year round
- Support Retail Coordinator with store buys, product knowledge, visual tools
- Work with Design and Design Liaisons on Product for USA
- Provide market insight to entire company via Development Plan – identifying competition and market needs for success in USA
- Work with Brand Manager on pricing analysis and pricing of the collection.
- Propose pricing strategy that creates competitive market potential local & nationally
- Create synergies for wholesale and retail pricing
- Manage seasonal price reduction and sale (markdown) strategies
- Manage markup and profit margins
- Conduct competitive price analysis
- Understand and communicate psychological pricing
- Compile and report pricing concerns
- Negotiate contracts and prices that will achieve volume and margin targets.
- Negotiate discounts and calculate markdowns & allowances with department store groups.
- Distribution Management
- Investigate new business concepts and doors
- Maintain geographical map of product flow and market saturation
- Negotiate shop in shop projects and independent stores, inclusive of floor space and adjacencies and etc.
- Work on all co-op advertising programs that are brand specific with Event teams and wholesale partners, inclusive of mailers, catalogs, coupons, events and etc.
- Create incentive plans for DSA’s to increase motivation to drive sales
- Create and control sales budget
- Emphasize matters of cost and efficiency in order to improve the business P&L
- The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 5 years experience at the Director/VP level with specific exposure to the luxury market.
- Demonstrated ability to generate leads, grow new accounts; results-oriented and self-motivated; strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication, selling and presentation skills.
- Computer proficiency (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint)
- High School Diploma or GED required
- College degree preferred